The Canadian Women Voters Congress (CWVC) is accepting applications for an Event and Sponsorship Coordinator (contract). Reporting to the Board of Directors, the Coordinator will assist with a variety of tasks essential to the success of the Women’s Campaign School (WCS), tentatively scheduled for June 13-14 2015 in Victoria, BC, with the potential for contract renewal for future events and programs.
Overview of Women’s Campaign School
WCS generally runs over 1.5 days and is an opportunity for women participants to learn practical skills, gain inspiration, and build networks related to political campaigns. For the past few years, it has begun with a reception and kick-off speaker, followed by a day of panels on topics related to campaigning, led by women with direct experience in running campaigns. Our last WCS had 60 participants. We have a list of common WCS topics and connections to women who would be appropriate to speak as volunteers on panels, as a resource for the Coordinator to tap into.
Role & Responsibilities
Specific duties include:
- Working with necessary vendors (ie. catering, venue) to coordinate and execute all logistical components of campaign school including the day-of event
- Assisting with creating and maintaining marketing lists, ensuring they are kept up to date in the CWVC database (NationBuilder)
- Creating marketing materials (e.g. email blasts, sharable social media graphics and updates)
- Identifying prospects for event sponsorship
- Updating event marketing materials and website as necessary
- Maintaining correspondence with registrants and event sponsors on event development
- Developing day-of materials (program, nametags, signage, etc.)
- Engage volunteers to ensure a successful and supported event
- Reporting on deliverables as requested by Board of Directors i.e. tracking sponsorships and attendees, reporting on revenue and expenditure
What success looks like:
- 60 diverse participants who feel educated, inspired, and empowered
- A range of speakers from different backgrounds who have a positive experience with WCS as a panelist or speaker
- A balanced budget
- 2-3 years applicable work experience;
- Experience executing or supporting events (required);
- Ability to build, work within and report on an event budget approved by the Board of Directors
- Proficient in using MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel; specifically creating mail merges, name tag merges, reports etc;
- Experience working with NationBuilder (preferred) or other databases
- Practical knowledge and experience with creative design software (e.g. Adobe Creative Suite);
- Strong verbal communication and interpersonal skills; experience in sales or marketing is an asset;
- A detail-oriented multi-tasker;
- Excellent written communication skills including writing and editing business correspondence;
- Self-motivated and have a strong sense of personal initiative and ownership;
- Passion for working in a non-profit environment;
- Possess integrity, confidence, and enthusiasm;
- An interest in politics and advancing the participation of women in politics and/or community involvement
Remuneration & Time
The CWVC is happy to provide a stipend of $3,500 (to be paid partially in advance, with the remaining balance payable following successful execution of the event) and travel expenses related to the event. To accommodate work/life balance and alternate commitments we encourage individuals to work on a timeline/schedule that is most suited for their needs, but that allows them enough time to meet the aforementioned roles and responsibilities. The board meets the first Wednesday of every month and the Coordinator is expected to provide a progress report for each meeting (by phone or written update) leading up to WCS.
How To Apply
While we encourage applications to all people who identify as women, we recognize the importance of a diverse leadership and encourage applications from Aboriginal women, LGBTQ identified women, women of colour, immigrant women, and women with a disability. Please email your résumé, cover letter, availability for interviews, and any other applicable documents you wish to submit in one attachment to Paige MacKenzie, email@example.com. We thank all candidates who wish to apply, however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. Application deadline: April 1st, 2015.
For further information on the campaign school or the CWVC, please visit our website www.womenvoters.ca.