Call for applications to join the board
Application deadline: June 15th, 9am
Canadian Women Voters Congress (“CWVC”) is recruiting individuals to serve as board members. Joining the board of directors is a two (2) year commitment, with possibility for extension and leadership opportunities. Please feel free to share this opportunity with your networks.
While we encourage applications to all people who identify as women, we recognize the importance of a diverse leadership and encourage applications from Aboriginal women, LGBTQ identified women, women of colour, immigrant women, and women with a disability.
We also encourage applications from outside Metro Vancouver as we begin planning for geographic expansion.
While we are interested in a variety of skills and experiences, we seek individuals with one or more of the following:
- Interest in becoming Secretary and/or Treasurer
- Skills and interest in web technology, CRMs and digital media
- Skills and interest in philanthropy and sponsorship
- Skills and interest related to growing our geographic scope
- Work experience in the private/corporate sector
- Experience working on non-profit boards
- Connections to multicultural and ethnic leadership organizations (e.g. business associations, media)
We are a non-partisan board – while most board members have political affiliations, in our board work we are committed to non-partisan support for women in politics. We work very collaboratively and are productive.
To see the board roles and responsibilities and our most recent strategic plan, visit www.womenvoters.ca/leadership. CWVC has long been a working board, though we have been successfully shifting to a greater focus on governance, and more distributed leadership to volunteers outside the board of directors. We currently meet the first Wednesday of every month from 6:15 -7:45 pm Pacific time.
If you are interested in applying to join the board, please email the following to email@example.com:
- a short statement that describes your motivation for joining the board and how you can meet the responsibilities, skills, and attributes expected of board members (as described in the board roles and responsibilities document – please read first)
- a list that describes how you are engaged politically and in the broader community (we are a non-partisan charity, but having connections to diverse political, leadership, and community groups helps the board to develop and promote its programs)
- your availability for phone interviews the evenings of , June 23 and 24.
All applications will be acknowledged. If you would like to have a chat before applying, contact Susan Lockhart, Co- Chair, at firstname.lastname@example.org . Board membership would take effect as of the AGM early July , 2015.